When we hire for certain positions, we will announce job openings in this section, as well as on the Facebook page for each facility. Jobs may be posted in appropriate and online resources in each location.
If there are no jobs listed, we are not currently hiring.
General Considerations for Employment
Certain positions such as Log Buyer, Mill Supervisor or Technical Supervisor will have specific experience requirements and those will be listed in the job recruitment. However, for general mill positions while experience working in a saw mill, in logging or other forest products business is desirable, we train all of our employees. We also like to work with individuals who have studied forestry in school. However, all we look for is someone willing to learn and work hard and be part of our family. Everyone has to be trained to work our equipment, so everyone has a chance at these jobs.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage Inc., offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to employees at each of our facilities. These include medical and dental insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation, 8 Holidays and a matching 401k. Some benefits are only available to full-time employees or after a designated waiting period.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying.
The Maintenance Technician is an integral part of the Speyside manufacturing team and will
perform a variety of tasks needed to maintain and repair equipment for daily usage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining plant equipment, building
infrastructure and grounds. Will observe production operations and make required
adjustments to equipment.
• Responsible for any fabrication pertaining to maintenance repairs and projects. (Use of
oxyacetylene torch, and welding)
• Will be proficient in the use of hand and power tools.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and power transmission
• Will be required to maintain and drive powered industrial equipment (including forklifts,
truck with snowplow, aerial work lifts, and floor sweeper) and pass all safety requirements
to do so.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-2 years of maintenance experience preferred.
• Previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Skills and Requirements:
• Must be able to work in fast paced environment consistently and safely to keep up with
the flow of production.
• Ability to follow and execute both written and oral instructions.
• Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be dependable and have an excellent attendance record.
• Must be a self starter with a team player mentality.
• Must be capable of driving industrial trucks (including forklifts, truck with snowplow,
scissor lift, and sweeper) and pass safety requirements.
• Must always comply with all standard safety practices and procedures and wear required
• Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, and climb ladders.
• Must have the ability to maneuver up to 100 lbs.
• Must be able to work flexible hours if needed (including call-out duty).
• Ability to develop industrial electricity troubleshooting skills.
• May be required to obtain a State of Ohio Boiler Operator License.
This position is primarily located within the Cooperage. The Cooperage has season-dependent
temperature fluctuations and loud noise from operating equipment within it. Some of the time
will be spent working around wood-cutting saws that produce a minimal amount of sawdust. This
position may be required to work weekends when production needs arise. May be required to
climb ladders. Must be able to operate manlifts as well as forklifts.
This position requires a lot of walking to and from machinery and possible standing for long
periods of time. The maintenance technician will work in a variety of physical positions,
including but not limited to, bending at the waist, stooping, pulling, pushing, grasping, and
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Other Duties and Requirements
The duties, responsibilities, and requirements listed above should not be interpreted as a
comprehensive list. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed
appropriate. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that
requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no
accommodations will be made that may pose serious health or safety risks to any individual
associated with Speyside Bourbon Cooperage Inc. Additionally, no accommodations will be
made which impose undue hardships on Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Speyside Bourbon
Cooperage, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran
status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is based on qualifications,
merit, and business need. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse
testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage
P.O. Box 509
960 East Main Street
Jackson, Ohio 45640
Toll Free: 855.276.2386
Speyside Bourbon Stave Mill
306 W. North Street
Waverly, Ohio 45690
Speyside Bourbon Stave Mill
P.O. Box 284
466 Millboro Industrial Park Road
Millboro, VA 24460
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. (Atkins, VA)
6373 Lee Hwy
P.O. Box 699
Atkins, VA 24311
Speyside Stave Mill (Glade Spring, VA)
13459 Owens Drive
P.O. Box 118
Glade Spring, VA 24340
Speyside Stave Mill (Manchester, KY)
1060A Clay Leslie Park Road
P.O. Box 609
Manchester, KY 40962