When we hire for certain positions, we will announce job openings in this section, as well as on the Facebook page for each facility. Jobs may be posted in appropriate and online resources in each location.
If there are no jobs listed, we are not currently hiring. However, you may fill out an application here. Return the application to the facility at which you wish to work: Your application will be kept on file for one year. We are not currently recruiting for new locations under construction in Atkins and Glade Springs, VA.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
Scope – Responsible for supervising the production operation and, all associated activities at the Speyside Bourbon Cooperage Inc. facility in the manufacture of new
White Oak Barrels. Leads, trains and manages the activities of up to 40 hourly production employees. Works closely with the Production and Maintenance Managers to coordinate the activities to support production maintenance and boiler operations. Has the responsibility to lead production teams, adherence to all manufacturing specifications, plant safety rules and procedures and quality standards.
- Schedules and assigns employees to job tasks and duties and leads various production activities to meet production goals
- Collects data and completes production records and reports
- Monitors and supervises production activities to insure process quality and adherence to quality standards
- Conducts safety team meetings, inspection and insures employee engagement and adherence to safety procedures
- Leads corrective actions to maintain and safe work environment
- Trains and develops hourly employees
- Coordinates with maintenance to plan and execute repairs or improvements on equipment
- Supervises operations and employees in multiple areas in barrel production operations and related tasks including;
- Raw material receipt and storage
- Manufacturing – Staves, Heads and Steel Hoops
- Monitors wood quality and performance and makes the necessary adjustments to meet the quality requirements
- Ensures barrels are produced to correct specifications
- Responsible for the training, development, counseling, safety and discipline of assigned team
- Assist in planning, development and implementation of process and capital improvements and equipment modifications
- Provides input and information for annual budget, production planning, continuous improvement ideas and plant goals
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field with 3-5 years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with employees at all levels. Demonstrated supervisory skill including planning, analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of basic computer applications including word processing spread sheets and power point. Ability to maneuver, tilt, roll and inspect barrels weighing up to 100 pounds, climb ladders, stairs, and crossover and generally move about in a manufacturing environment.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. is based in Jackson, Ohio. Our parent company is located in France (Tonnellerie Francois Freres SA). We are a subsidiary of Speyside Cooperage Ltd. in Scotland. Speyside Bourbon Cooperage produces only new bourbon barrels. Other branches of the organization produce wine and used barrels among other products.
Job Title: Stave Mill Production Operator (Millboro Industrial Park Stave Mill)
Job Description: The Stave Mill Production Operator is an integral part of the Speyside manufacturing team. The Stave Mill Production Operator will perform a variety of tasks needed to produce high quality white oak staves which are used in the manufacture of bourbon barrels at our Speyside Bourbon Cooperage facilities. As a member of the production team you will rotate and share job functions with other team members, and may be asked to rotate or assist on a number of different tasks or pieces of equipment related to the production of white oak staves. The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic and be a team player.
Key Responsibilities: As part of the production team you will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the production of high quality white oaks staves used in the manufacture of bourbon barrels. Tasks include but are not limited to running a variety of saws used during different phases of stave production as well as stacking and sorting staves. Staff is responsible for keeping work areas clean, orderly and free of hazards and required to follow all company safety and quality requirements. Employees will be expected to maintain dependable and excellent attendance and work as team player to achieve a common goal.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a health and drug screening test.
- The successful candidate must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to work in a variety of positions including bending, stooping, pulling, pushing, grasping, and reaching.
- The successful candidate must have good hand/eye coordination.
- The successful candidate must be able maneuver a minimum of 100 pounds and lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- The successful candidate must be able to perform assembly type tasks while product is moving along an assembly line or table.
- The successful candidate must be able to understand instructions (written and oral) and be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet production deadlines.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: This is an entry level position. No previous experience required. Manufacturing experience a plus; wood working experience desirable.
Requirements: Safety toed shoes are required.Hours: 40 hours per week. Occasional overtime or weekends may be required.
Salary: $11.50 per hour (Starting Wage), Speyside offers a full benefits package including health, dental insurance and 401k plan.
Position Open Until Filled.
Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply: Please send resumes or request an application at email@example.com.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Speyside Bourbon Cooperage, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law.
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage
P.O. Box 509
960 East Main Street
Jackson, Ohio 4564
Toll Free: 855.276.2386
Speyside Bourbon Stave Mill
306 W. North Street
Waverly, Ohio 45690
Speyside Bourbon Stave Mill
P.O. Box 284
466 Millboro Industrial Park Road
Millboro, VA 24460